A delicious tomato based stew. My mom taught me how to make this (well, she talked me through how to make it) before I moved to Kentucky for college.
Chicken or Pork (Pork Shoulder or Pork Butt)
Red Bell Pepper
Tomato Paste or Tomato Sauce
- Marinate meat in vinegar (2tbs)/salt/pepper beforehand
- Fry potatoes and set aside.
- Heat oil. Add garlic. Add onions.
- Add meat when garlic and onions are cooked down and sautee.
- Add soy sauce to taste. Add paprika and tomato sauce or puree. Don’t add water! Only water from half of the tomato puree/sauce can to get the rest of the sauce out of the can.
- Cover and let meat cook down with steam (low temperature). This is when the juices come out to make the sauce for it.
- Add bell peppers to meat halfway through cooking. Add a can of chickpeas and potatoes.
- Cover and let it cook down until meat is done.