I’m sure every family has a version of this. Mom used to make this for me whenever I got really, really sick. She’d pair it with some fresh tea with calamansi. I eat this whenever I get sick and miss her version the most.
Chicken breast (though these days we use legs & thighs)
Sweet, Chinese Short Rice
Salt & Pepper
Saffron (2 pinches)
- Boil rice (use more sweet than Chinese)
- Prep vegetables: julienne ginger, chop onion and garlic
- Stir fry garlic, onion and ginger (in this order) while rice is cooking
- Add chicken to the pan and cook. Add salt and ajinamoto for taste.
- Add vegetables and chicken to the rice. Add saffron.
- Cook on medium heat.
- Stir soup continually until meat is fully cooked. Add water whenever it is running low.