Another staple in Ma’s household. Sometimes, she’d top it with sliced pork sausage that was sweet, fatty and savory. She told me how to make this one before my move to Kentucky.
Garlic (4 Cloves)
Green Bell Pepper
Noodles (Vermicelli or Egg)
Pork, Chicken, Shrimp
- Soak half of the noodles needed and cut and boil meat for 30 minutes. Be sure to save the stock. (If using shrimp also-cut in half and clean out beforehand-1 plate full)
- Prep vegetables: slice celery, chop onion and bell pepper, cut cabbage, julienne carrots and mash garlic
- Heat olive oil in pan and add garlic to brown. Add meat and onion.
- Add cabbage, peapods, carrots, celery and bell peppers. Stir fry and add soy sauce to taste. (Take some stir fry out-about ¾ of it and set it aside)
- Add stock to stir fry and more soy sauce to taste.
- Before it boils, add paprika and ajinamoto.
- Add pre-soaked noodles and the other half of hard noodles to the pot. Cook until liquid has boiled down.
- Add stir fry that was set aside to the top of the noodle stir fry in serving platter.