I struggle quite frequently with chronic GI. After many visits to the doctor and many elimination tests to figure out if I have any food intolerances, I have yet to figure out what the actual problem is and how to fix it.
Here’s a recipe you can try if you’re having chronic stomach issues and can’t eat many things…this recipe also provides a good alternative if, like me, you’re sick of going by the BRAT diet every time GI kicks in.
But please also make sure to see a doctor!
1 Slice of bread
Plain Greek Yogurt
- Heat a non-stick frying pan to a low-medium heat. Add in a good glob of salted butter to melt slowly.
- Pop a slice of bread into the toaster (or the oven) to brown to your liking.
- Scramble up two eggs.
- When the salted butter is nearly completely melted in the pan, add in a tsp or so of turmeric to gently cook in the melting butter.
- When the butter is completely melted, add in the scrambled eggs.
- For the “Bad Tummy” recipe, I cook the eggs the way you’d get them in the US: fully cooked through and not runny. (I’ve found through personal experience that eating runny scrambled eggs or runny yolk on a bad stomach rarely does me any favors.)
- Slide cooked eggs on to toasted bread. Add however much plain yogurt (Greek or otherwise) you’d like on top of your eggs.
- Eat and (fingers crossed) enjoy a meal without immediate GI reactions!